You may have noticed the template's admin panel notifying you that a new version of the framework has been released. You may also have gotten a similar message in the widgetkit admin panel. Manually updating the framework and widgetkit is a fairly straight-forward process.
To update the Warp Framework:
- Download the latest version of the framework here. It's called the "warp master theme". It's the only free one on the page. There will be two versions, one for Joomla 2.5 and one for Joomla 3.0. Download whichever one corresponds to the version of the ThemeKat template you are using.
- Unzip the folder
- As a precautionary measure, you should backup your template files
- Replace the old "warp" folder in your template files with the new one found in the warp master template that you downloaded.
To update the Widgetkit Lite:
- Download the latest version here: http://www.yootheme.com/widgetkit/downloads
- You should not lose any of the widgets you have created when you update, however, as a precautionary measure, you should backup your widgetkit files and database.
- Install it in Extensions Manager